Dermal fillers are becoming increasingly popular for naturally smoothing out the visible signs of aging without surgery or downtime. At the Institute of Aesthetic Surgery, we only offer fillers that are FDA-approved, ensuring your safety and protection.
Located in Celebration, Florida, The Institute of Aesthetic Surgery serves the Orlando area and offers several cosmetic and surgical treatments to enhance the face, breast, and body. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how dermal fillers can reverse your wrinkles and fine lines.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Mainly comprised of hyaluronic acid (HA) and other substances that occur naturally in the body, dermal fillers are directly injected underneath the skin using an ultrafine needle. The fillers begin working immediately, plumping up the skin, and smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines.
What Do Dermal Fillers Treat?
The rejuvenating qualities of our dermal fillers treat several signs of aging, including:
- Sculpting and filling in thin lips
- Adding shape and better contours to the face, cheeks, and jawline
- Effectively managing wrinkles, fine lines, and folds
- Contouring the nose
- Filling in acne and other dermal scars
- Eliminating bags underneath the eyes
At The Institute of Aesthetic Surgery, we currently offer eight dermal fillers. It will be determined during your consultation which is best suited for your individual needs and cosmetic concerns.
While each HA filler has its own unique properties, each provides immediate volume to the skin while promoting collagen production. As HA is found naturally in the body, these fillers react well with facial tissues, and some fillers even increase moisture content in the skin to restore a healthy glow.
Our HA fillers include:
- Juvederm Ultra Plus®
- Restylane Silk®
- Restylane Lyft®
In addition to HA fillers, we also offer other fillers with other natural substances:
- Radiesse® is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite microspheres in a gel carrier. This filler not only adds immediate volume to your skin, but it also promotes the growth of new collagen that continues to improve your skin even after the gel is absorbed by the body.
- Sculptra® is a filler made of poly-L-lactic acid, a biodegradable, non-toxic substance that yields gradual skin improvement over the course of a few months. While results are not immediate, they can last for up to two years.
How Long Will My Results Last?
While each filler has its own timeline, results can last anywhere from several months to a year or more. Multiple treatment sessions may be necessary to achieve your desired results. Wrinkles and lines will reappear after the filler wears off, but when used as a regular treatment, dermal fillers can effectively manage the visible signs of aging.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Temporary bruising, swelling, and redness are common at injection sites but will subside shortly afterward. Each dermal filler has its set of possible risks, which will be discussed with you during your consultation.